Matico Rapé contains Yarumo ashes (Cecropia) and Matico plant. Throughout the Amazon, Matico is used as an antiseptic wound healer, as well as a stimulant and an aphrodisiac.
In Ayahuasca ceremonies, Matico is used to add more energy to the trip and reduce nausea.
Contents: 5 grams of Rapé Matico
Rapé (pronounced 'ha-pé') is a snuff, that has been used by indigenous tribes of the Amazon basin, for thousands of years. The main ingredient of this shamanic powder is wild tobacco (Nicotiana Rustica), enriched with unique blends of different plants and ashes. Although Rapé can be used by itself, it is often taken in ayahuasca ceremonies, to enhance and direct the experience.
There are many different Rapé blends, all of which have their authentic additional ingredients that all enhance and enrich your Rapé experience in their own way.
How to use?
Since Rapé tends to have a very physical effect, it's not really your best choice for parties. It's best enjoyed in a ceremonial - or more conversational way with friends. There are two basic ways to administer rapé: the soplada (where another person blows the powder into your nose) or by self-administration with a crooked pipe made of wood called Kuripe. The big advantage of using a kuripe is that you are in total control of the dosage.
- Load the nose end of the kuripe by carefully transferring some rapé (for inexperienced users, about the size of a pea will do) with the palm of your hand.
- Tap the V-shaped end on a hard surface to remove any stuck rapé or air pockets.
- Take a deep breath, place the mouth end of your Kuripe into your mouth and carefully fit the nose end into one of your nostrils.
- Lean forward a little, close your eyes (you don’t want blow rapé into your eyes) and blow the rapé into your nostril.
- Enjoy the effect.
- If you need to increase the dosage refill the kuripe and administer through the other nostril (but don't overdo it.)
- Lean forward to minimize the back dripping of rapé.
Rapé affects both body and spirit. On a spiritual level, Rapé is known to induce a grounded, yet energetic state of mind. Other effects include the release of negative thought patterns, connectedness to the earth and disappearance of mental fog and confusion.
Rapé is also used to clear the sinuses and airways. After sniffing Rapé, you typically experience an enhanced sense of smell. In higher concentrations, it can cleanse the body, in the form of sweating and sometimes throwing up (not in a horrible way, but in a good, purging, "that was exactly what I needed" kind of way).
Rapé is often used in Ayahuasca ceremonies to enhance or direct the experience. Different Rapé blends can be used to fit the specific needs of the individual Ayahuasca users. Rapé generally makes you more focused, clear-headed and grounded during the trip.
Rapé contains tobacco, and therefore nicotine. Do not combine it with other drugs or medicines (especially MAO-inhibitors). Do not use while pregnant. Do not use if you have to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Please check if this product is legal in your country
All ordered products must be legal in the country of the receiver. It is the responsibility of the buyer to check the legal status of ordered products in his or her country.