Kuripe is a tool for (self)administration of the shamanic snuff Rapé
These Kuripes are handcrafted in Peru and made from bamboo.
Comes in various colourful designs.
Rapé is a blend made of powdered herbs that have been used in the Amazon for ages. Sharing rapé is a cornerstone of Amazonian life and the powder is used in rituals but also in a more conventional setting with friends. There are two basic ways to administer rapé: the soplada (where another person blows the powder into your nose) or by self-administration with a crooked pipe made of wood called kuripe. The big advantage of using a kuripe is that you are in total control of the dosage. Of course, you can also use a kuripe to administer yopo or kanna.
How to use a kuripe
- Load the nose end of the kuripe by carefully transferring some rapé with the palm of your hand.
- Tap the V-shaped end on a hard surface to remove any stuck rapé or air pockets.
- Take a deep breath, place the mouth end of your kuripe into your mouth and carefully fit the nose end into one of your nostrils.
- Lean forward a little, close your eyes (you don’t want blow rapé into your eyes) and blow the rapé into your nostril.
- Enjoy the effect.
- If you need to increase the dosage refill the kuripe and administer through the other nostril (but don't overdo it.)
- Lean forward to minimize the back dripping of rapé. Feel the ground with your hands.
Please check if this product is legal in your country
All ordered products must be legal in the country of the receiver. It is the responsibility of the buyer to check the legal status of ordered products in his or her country.